Department of Public Works
949 N. Wagner Road
Essexville, MI 48732
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Begins in April and last chipping is in October
- Brush Chipping service is intended only for pruning, thinning and trimming of trees, shrubs and bushes. This service is not a tree removal service therefore, brush left after a commercial tree service will not be picked up.
- Brush chipping will begin in April and the last chipping will be in October.
- Chipping will begin on the 1st Tuesday of every month. (Weather permitting and Township emergencies take priority).
- Brush MUST be out before the 1st Tuesday of the month.
- The route may change each month.
- Brush not put out in time will be left for the following month.
- There is no list that you need to be put on.
- 10 minutes MAXIMUM per location
- Nothing larger than a 4" diameter
- Stacked neatly with all ends facing the road.
- Vines, stumps & root balls can't be run through chipper & will be refused.
PLEASE NOTE: Any brush that is generated from the removal of a tree or a substantial portion of a tree, either by a resident or a hired tree service, will not be chipped.