Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste
Trash is collected weekly and Recycling is collected every other week.
Please have your cart at the curb the evening before your collection day. Drivers run from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For Services - Call Hampton Township at 989-893-7541
Each Residential house will receive two 95 gallon wheeled containers. One for weekly garbage pick-up and the other for every other week recycling.
If a container is damaged due to resident negligence, the cost of a replacement container is $65.00.
Please put all trash in bags so loose items do not blow out during the collection process.
Do not bag your recycling.
All trash/garbage must be placed in the provided cart, if extra bags will not fit in the cart the resident can place bags next to the cart.
Residents may request a second garbage container, however, they must demonstrate the need for the extra container.
The recycle container may contain newspapers, magazines, metal pots and pans, junk mail, steel, tin, & aluminum cans, #1, 2, 4, 5-7 plastics, phone books and corrugated cardboard/paperboard.
-Liquids (including waste oil and paint)
-Tree limbs greater than 2 inch in diameter and 4 ft. in length.
-Concrete laundry tubs
-Hazardous or toxic wastes
-Large quantities of household goods, including move outs and evictions
-Any other item(s) deemed by Republic Services to be uncollectible
How to properly dispose of paint? This article may help, click here.
YARD WASTE - is picked up weekly between the first week in April and through the last full week of November. Yard waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or loosely placed in a 30-gallon can clearly marked “Yard Waste Only”. No plastic bags will be accepted.
Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, weeds, hedge clippings, garden waste, Christmas trees and twigs/brush no longer than 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter.
Absolutely no tree trunks, stumps, or large amount construction/demolition debris.
Christmas trees will only be collected for 3 weeks after Christmas.
BULK ITEMS - One large/bulky item will be picked up weekly as needed. The large items cannot exceed 50 pounds. All doors need to be removed from appliances for pick up. Please call Hampton Township at 989-893-7541 to schedule a pick up. For more information click here.
There will be no garbage pick up on the following holidays, Labor Day, Memorial Day, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, July 4th, and Christmas Day and will be one (1) day delayed.
The cost of garbage pick-up will be included on the water bill. The 5-year contract pricing is:
Year 1 $19.07 per month
Year 2 $19.74 per month
Year 3 $20.43 per month
Year 4 $21.14 per month
Year 5 $21.88 per month
These rates may increase due to the rise in fuel costs. See Republic Service contract below, Item 19, for explanation on Additional Fees that may be applied.
There is NO opting out of the service. Every residential household will be charged for the service whether it is used or not. There will be no suspension of service for “snowbirds”.
- Voucher is for the disposal of solid waste including household waste and residential construction debris.
- Voucher is for the exclusive use of Charter Township of Hampton residents. Proof of residency will be a Drivers License or Voter Registration.
- Voucher must be presented upon arrival. NO refunds will be given.
- ONE voucher per vehicle.
- Voucher is for a MAXIMUM of three (3) Yards. Resident will pay all additional tonnage at the gate rate of Whitefeather Landfill.
- State law mandates all vehicles to be "litter free". Secure and tarp loads.
- State law mandates NO YARD WASTE may be placed in the landfill. Therefore, we will not accept any mixed loads containing yard waste.
- All vehicles will follow posted speed limits while at the landfill.
- All persons are to remain inside of their vehicle while traveling in the landfill. Children under the age of 16 are to remain in the vehicle at all times.
- NO SMOKING, firearms, or alcohol are allowed in the landfill.
- All loads are subject to inspection and rejection by landfill staff.
- The landfill should not be used during inclement weather to avoid possible damage to your vehicle.
- NO liquid waste or hazardous waste, fluorescent light ballast, PCB containing material, radioactive materials, and medical waste including syringes, asbestos, or drums will be accepted.
- Call the Whitefeather Landfill for directions, hours, and arrival times.
Yard waste is collected Wednesday beginning the first week in April through the last Wednesday in November.
Yard waste must be placed in containers marked “Yard Waste” , " Yard Waste Only", or "YW" or in paper bags. Each container and bag must weigh less than 50 pounds.
All trees, wood, lumber, hedge and tree trimmings or other items must be bundled in lengths not exceeding 48″, individual pieces not exceeding 2″ in diameter, bundles not exceeding 24″ in diameter and not weighing more than 50 pounds per bundle.
Yard waste means compostable, organic material consisting of grass clippings, hedge and tree pruning, weeds, brush, leaves and other yard wastes excluding trees.
Christmas trees will be collected the first 3 weeks after Christmas.